Apple and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 119
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place acorn squash cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft and browned, about 30 minutes.
- Mix apples, sausage, onion, raisins, poultry seasoning, ginger, cloves, celery seed, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Spoon sausage mixture into the hollow of the acorn squash; place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sausage is cooked through and apples are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Turkey sausage can be substituted for pork sausage if desired.
- Craisins® can be substituted for raisins if desired.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 2.3 25 2.5 5 103 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I made this according to the recipe but, since it was for just my husband and me, I used only one acorn squash and pared down the other ingredients accordingly. We both thought it was very tast...
This was tasty! If you like sweet and savory, this recipe is for you. I came across this while doing an ingredient search for acorn squash and pork sausage. I had 1 squash on hand that needed to...
Absolutely delicious and very easy. I took some advice from other reviewers and cooked stuffing separately from squash. While it's pretty to serve in the squash half, we ended up removing all sq...
Quite good-I would add some butter and grease the pan (and thought so originally), but I always follow a recipe if I am going to review~
This was very tasty, lots of great flavours that went together very well. I will definitely make this again. I did what someone else suggested and I cooked the sausage mix before I put it in t...