Apple and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 119
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place acorn squash cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft and browned, about 30 minutes.
- Mix apples, sausage, onion, raisins, poultry seasoning, ginger, cloves, celery seed, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Spoon sausage mixture into the hollow of the acorn squash; place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sausage is cooked through and apples are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Turkey sausage can be substituted for pork sausage if desired.
- Craisins® can be substituted for raisins if desired.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 2.3 25 2.5 5 103 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I made this according to the recipe but, since it was for just my husband and me, I used only one acorn squash and pared down the other ingredients accordingly. We both thought it was very tast...
I don’t typically review but this was delicious! Just the right amount of sweet and savory. I had mild Italian sausage and as others suggested I cooked it first with the onion, then added the ...
I will definitely make this again. The ingredients in the stuffing worked well together. I did change the cooking procedure. I cooked the sausage firs, drained it, and then combined the stuffing...
This was tasty! If you like sweet and savory, this recipe is for you. I came across this while doing an ingredient search for acorn squash and pork sausage. I had 1 squash on hand that needed to...
Delicious! I added more of each spice and only cooked one acorn. Loved the burst of flavour in the 'sausage' (I used beef and bison mix).
Absolutely delicious and very easy. I took some advice from other reviewers and cooked stuffing separately from squash. While it's pretty to serve in the squash half, we ended up removing all sq...
Quite good-I would add some butter and grease the pan (and thought so originally), but I always follow a recipe if I am going to review~