Butternut Squash Noodle Soup with Turkey
Ingredients48 m servings 125
- Combine chicken broth, celery, onion, garlic, Mexican oregano, and ground chipotle in a large pot; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer until vegetables are softened, about 20 minutes.
- Stir butternut squash and turkey into the broth mixture; simmer until turkey is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- European oregano can be substituted for Mexican oregano if desired. Parsley can be used instead of cilantro.
- Use a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler to cut the butternut squash into noodle shapes.
- This can easily be converted to a vegetarian recipe by using vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth and eliminating the turkey. You can also substitute chicken for the turkey.
Per Serving: 125 calories; 2.2 13.4 13.9 30 132 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I am this soup's biggest fan. It is on our table weekly. Probably one of the most versatile and easiest recipes around, you can't screw it up. I've made it using chipotle paste when I was out of...
This light-tasting soup is a great use for leftover poultry, and it comes together quickly from common pantry items. I did not have any turkey, so I used chicken. That was my only change to th...
Loved this recipe! I used ground turkey instead of diced turkey and browned it while broth was boiling. Will make this one again.
The flavor is perfect! It was very easy to make. I will definitely make this again!
The chipotle pepper gives it a nice kick. Nice use of the butternut squash.
Delicious! Did a few different things. I cut up chicken breasts and browned. Cooked onion and garlic then added some red bell pepper and the celery to it and cooked a little more. Spiralized...