Ingredients1 h 7 m servings 292
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour bread crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Dip eggplant into eggs; coat with gluten-free bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on prepared baking sheet; lightly sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 6 minutes; remove from oven. Flip eggplant with a spatula; brush with olive oil. Bake until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove from oven; reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread enough spaghetti sauce into a 7x11-inch baking pan to cover the bottom; layer on some of the eggplant slices. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over eggplant; top with Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering sauce, eggplant, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese in this order; top with basil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbly and lightly golden, about 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You may substitute the Hodgson Mill® Seasoned Coating Mix with any brand of gluten-free bread crumbs. I enjoy this type because it contains a variety of herbs and spices.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 15.7 24 13.7 64 578 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I Have made this just like the recipe and it turned out great - very delicious. I have also made it with cooked hamburger and mushrooms it’s equally delicious. I layered the hamburger on top of...
Simple to prepare and absolutely delicious! I love that the eggplant slices are dipped only once in egg and once in breadcrumb parmesan mix and then baked. I used a Misto sprayer with extra virg...
Followed the directions closely, just added more cheese and sauce. It was delicious! Even my 9 year old who doesnt like eggplant finished her plate! One tip to get even slices of eggplant - use ...
I substituted burrata for mozzarella and fresh for dried basil (after baking). Also, made tomato sauce with our own garden tomatoes which made this pretty labor intensive but totally worth it.....
Since I am allergic to dairy as well as celiac, I used the vegan cheeses for this dish. They worked very well. I also used panko gluten free Italian style breadcrumbs because that was all I ha...
I used a 13x9 pan and it was a bit on the dry side. I will add more sauce next time, but the flavor was great! Will definitely make again.