Ingredients1 h 7 m servings 292
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour bread crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Dip eggplant into eggs; coat with gluten-free bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on prepared baking sheet; lightly sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 6 minutes; remove from oven. Flip eggplant with a spatula; brush with olive oil. Bake until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove from oven; reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread enough spaghetti sauce into a 7x11-inch baking pan to cover the bottom; layer on some of the eggplant slices. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over eggplant; top with Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering sauce, eggplant, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese in this order; top with basil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbly and lightly golden, about 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You may substitute the Hodgson Mill® Seasoned Coating Mix with any brand of gluten-free bread crumbs. I enjoy this type because it contains a variety of herbs and spices.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 15.7 24 13.7 64 578 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
I added my own seasoning to plain GF bread crumbs such as parsley, garlic salt, onion powder, sea salt and basil. I used a little less sauce as my family prefers less and a little extra cheese. ...
Simple to prepare and absolutely delicious! I love that the eggplant slices are dipped only once in egg and once in breadcrumb parmesan mix and then baked. I used a Misto sprayer with extra virg...
I loved this and so did my husband. I used seasoned bread crumbs (Not gluten free but I loved the recipe) I also left the skin ON and sliced it as you would a cucumber. I used two jars of marina...
Followed the directions closely, just added more cheese and sauce. It was delicious! Even my 9 year old who doesnt like eggplant finished her plate! One tip to get even slices of eggplant - use ...
Since I am allergic to dairy as well as celiac, I used the vegan cheeses for this dish. They worked very well. I also used panko gluten free Italian style breadcrumbs because that was all I ha...