Tender Juicy Skirt Steak (Churrasco)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 58 m servings 204 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk garlic, balsamic vinegar, grill seasoning, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Add steak and toss to evenly coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling; add meat. Cook uncovered until liquids have drained from the steak, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cover.
- Cook steak for 15 minutes; uncover and flip. Add water to the skillet as needed to keep steak moist. Continue cooking until slightly firm, hot, and lightly pink in the center, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Transfer meat to serving plate; reserve liquid in the skillet.
- Place onion in the skillet with reserved liquids; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add mushrooms. Cook and stir until mushrooms are warmed through, about 5 minutes. Pour onion mixture over steak.
- Cook's Notes:
- All-purpose seasoning can be substituted for the grill seasoning.
- Apple cider vinegar can be substituted for the balsamic vinegar if desired.
- If you like your meat more browned, after removing the onion mixture, place steak back into the skillet and brown meat on each side.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 204 calories; 11.8 g fat; 9.2 g carbohydrates; 15.5 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 1039 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used Montreal steak seasoning for the grill seasoning, and added the oil into the marinade. I replaced half of the balsamic vinegar with mirin (rice wine vinegar.) This was delicious!!