Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 482
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl until smooth. Pour bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Dip each tomato slice in egg and coat with bread crumbs. Arrange on baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 5 minutes per side.
- Pour 3 cups spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Top with a layer of tomato slices. Layer half of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese on top. Repeat layers with remaining spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 482 calories; 16 60.5 24.4 73 1675 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I made this last night for dinner because it's fall in Seattle and I had some green tomato's from off the vine. I used corn meal with bread crumbs and flour first then pan fried to make sure t...
I am picky about my green tomatoes so I did make one change. I fried them in a bit of oil instead of baking. I've never had any luck baking them in the past. Plus, I wanted that extra crunch. Th...
This is a great way to use green tomatoes. I used medium size tomatoes in a slightly larger pan and still had some left over, which I used to make fried green tomatoes. So the baking time was lo...
I cut the recipe in half so it served 4-5 people. Served it over angel hair pasta that I had added garlic, butter and parmesan tossed together
This was perfect, I had so many green tomatoes that came out of my garden when I cleared it. This used almost all of them and loved the way this tasted!