Tilapia with Green Tomato Tapenade
Ingredients32 m servings 241
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes, green tomatoes, capers, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 5 minutes.
- Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tilapia fillets; cook until flesh flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Pour lemon juice into the skillet; swirl to pick up browned bits off the bottom of the skillet, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour over fillets.
- Spoon tomato mixture over fillets before serving.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 7.1 7.1 36.4 63 468 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
If you're looking for a way to use up green tomatoes, this is a great recipe! I followed the recipe exactly as written. Next time I would probably add garlic while cooking the onion. The flav...
I made this tonight with sliced chicken breast instead of tilapia. I followed the recipe, but added 1/2 diced jalapeño. I served it over buttered jasmine rice. It was delightful. When the hubby ...
This was a good recipe - I had fresh plum tomatoes and green tomatoes so I used those with a little cherry pepper - Next time I would kick it up with a little more heat with maybe a little jala...
I made it with fresh green and red tomatoes with fresh sweet banana peppers and enjoyed this over pasta. We liked the tart, bright flavor and look forward to trying it again with fish. Thanks ...