Ingredients6 h 33 m servings 137
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let sit until eggs are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain hot water; cover eggs with cold water.
- Peel eggs and place in a quart-size Mason jar.
- Combine soy sauce, water, sugar, minced onion, and sesame oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Cool briefly, about 5 minutes. Pour over eggs in the jar.
- Refrigerate eggs until flavors are absorbed, at least 6 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- If eggs are fresh, add a 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to the water in step 1. This makes the eggs easier to peel.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of teriyaki. The actual amount of teriyaki consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 137 calories; 5.4 15 7.7 186 1273 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Happy with the results. Only change is to Steam the eggs. I have chickens and Fresh eggs can be difficult to peel. Bring water to boil, add eggs to steamer, reduce heat to medium. Steam 13 mi...
Very good. First, if you do not already cook hard boiled eggs this way, you should. The advice and technique is spot on. Second, I enjoy the teriyaki flavor with egg and this recipe does not fai...