Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 33 m servings 137
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 eggs)
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let sit until eggs are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain hot water; cover eggs with cold water.
- Peel eggs and place in a quart-size Mason jar.
- Combine soy sauce, water, sugar, minced onion, and sesame oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Cool briefly, about 5 minutes. Pour over eggs in the jar.
- Refrigerate eggs until flavors are absorbed, at least 6 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- If eggs are fresh, add a 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to the water in step 1. This makes the eggs easier to peel.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of teriyaki. The actual amount of teriyaki consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 137 calories; 5.4 15 7.7 186 1273 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Very good. First, if you do not already cook hard boiled eggs this way, you should. The advice and technique is spot on. Second, I enjoy the teriyaki flavor with egg and this recipe does not fai...