Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 5 m servings 566
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine goat meat, red wine vinegar, and salt in a large pot. Pour in enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil; cook until goat is tender, about 1 hour. Drain, reserving stock. Rub sage leaves over goat.
- Place basmati rice in a large container and cover with several inches of cool water. Let soak, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Heat sesame oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until onion is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in garam masala, basil, coriander, and ground rosemary; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir goat and chile peppers into the pot; cook and stir flavors combine, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle rosemary leaves and lemongrass over goat. Continue cooking until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add curry powder and fenugreek; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add drained basmati rice; stir until evenly coated with ghee, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour rice mixture over goat in the pot; do not stir. Pour in 6 cups reserved stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is fluffy and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes before uncovering.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute butter for the ghee if preferred.
- If you don't have 6 cups of stock in step 6, use water to make up the difference.
Per Serving: 566 calories; 11 78 37 88 768 Full nutrition