Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 5 m servings 566
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine goat meat, red wine vinegar, and salt in a large pot. Pour in enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil; cook until goat is tender, about 1 hour. Drain, reserving stock. Rub sage leaves over goat.
- Place basmati rice in a large container and cover with several inches of cool water. Let soak, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Heat sesame oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until onion is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in garam masala, basil, coriander, and ground rosemary; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir goat and chile peppers into the pot; cook and stir flavors combine, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle rosemary leaves and lemongrass over goat. Continue cooking until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add curry powder and fenugreek; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add drained basmati rice; stir until evenly coated with ghee, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour rice mixture over goat in the pot; do not stir. Pour in 6 cups reserved stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is fluffy and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes before uncovering.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute butter for the ghee if preferred.
- If you don't have 6 cups of stock in step 6, use water to make up the difference.
Per Serving: 566 calories; 11 78 37 88 768 Full nutrition