Peanut Butter Goat Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 212
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine 1/2 cup water, 1/3 of the onion, ginger, and jalapeno in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Place goat meat in a large pot. Pour onion puree on top. Stir in 1 cup water, shrimp cube, and salt. Cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 20 minutes. Reduce heat and add remaining 2/3 of the onion; cook, covered, until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer 2/3 of the onion to the blender. Add 1 cup water; puree until smooth. Pour back into the pot.
- Mix 1 cup water, peanut butter, and tomato paste in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring often to prevent scorching, until oil separates, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 1/2 cup water with a fork. Pour into the pot.
- Stir basil leaves into the pot. Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until peanut oil rises to the surface, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute fresh cayenne pepper for the jalapeno if desired.
- Substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried basil for the fresh if desired.
- You may add additional water to the paste in step 5 to make it lighter.
Per Serving: 212 calories; 10.3 6.3 23.8 53 874 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1