Ingredients2 h 18 m servings 381 cals
- Cut skirt steaks into about 3 or 4 smaller pieces so it's easier to fit them into marinade dish.
- Whisk orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, pepper, oregano, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl. Place skirt steak pieces, 1 at a time, into the marinade to thoroughly coat them. Add sliced onions and toss with the meat.
- Transfer mixture and marinade to a resealable plastic bag. Squeeze out air, seal bag, and place on a dish. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer pieces of meat onto paper towel-lined rimmed sheet pan to drain for a couple of minutes.
- Cook over hot coals. Grill first side 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and grill second side until internal temperature is about 125 degrees F (53 degrees C). Look for a shiny glossy surface indicating the meat juice is coming to the surface; this indicates the meat is just about done. Transfer to a plate and allow meat to rest a few minutes.
- Slice into 1/2-inch slices and arrange on a serving plate. Spoon accumulated juices over the meat. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Per Serving: 381 calories; 23.2 g fat; 16 g carbohydrates; 29.1 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 2117 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 27
Very delicious and flavorful! Marinated this for 24 hours. Cooked on the grill and it was very tender. Served with avocado cream sauce and salsa on corn tortillas. Will definately make again! Th...
Quite possibly the best steak I have ever made! I used flank steak and cut back the cilantro by about half. The citrus flavors don't overpower, they accent and bring out the beef. High heat on t...
We tripled the recipe to make dinner for eight adults and four kids. There was no scaling issues. We marinated it for about 18hrs. The meat absorbed the marinade well and it turned out delicious...
I couldn't find skirt steak, so I used flap meat instead. It came out really tasty & tender. I didn't alter a thing & let it marinate 3hrs. I used it for tacos. I left the remaining meat marin...
I used the Mojo marinade for 36 hours after piercing it with my 24 stainless steel blade press. I believe flank steak needs a little tenderizing help. Served with grilled mushroom and onion ti...
Absolutely delicious, wife loved it. Picked up some pico de gallo from Whole Foods and served with flour tortillas. I grilled the onions in a grill pan and I'll do a whole onion next time instea...
This recipe is a real winner - it's a whole new way to enjoy steak - especially since skirt steaks are half the price of ribeye. I always make a new recipe exactly as written so I have a baselin...