Superfood Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients30 m servings 183
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; stir in applesauce, yogurt, 1/4 cup skim milk, vegetable oil, and egg. If the dough us a bit too dry, add extra milk 1 tablespoon at a time. Batter should be about the consistency of a thick oatmeal.
- Fold blueberries and walnuts into the batter. Spoon into prepared muffin cups until almost full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- The recipe could be easily modified to reduce the fat content (add more applesauce and use less oil) and you could use less sugar if you don't have a sweet tooth.
- Either plain or flavored Greek yogurt can be used.
- If you taste the batter before you bake, don't be worried about the yogurt taste. Once baked, there is little to no trace of the yogurt. Plain or flavored yogurt will work fine in this recipe.
Per Serving: 183 calories; 8.7 23.9 4.5 16 207 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Delicious, healthier recipe for a blueberry muffin! My almost three year old and I eat them right up! I try to stick to the recipe to review it, but a couple minor changes here.... 1. I used wh...
I made a lot of modifications to this recipe. Based on the previous review that said the muffins were too dense, I used self-rising flour instead of whole wheat. I realize that reduces the nutri...