Green Bean Casserole Tartlets
0 made it | 0 reviews |
The Two Bite Club
"A delicious miniature puff pastry appetizer."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 147
Original recipe yields 30 servings (60 tartlets)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On lightly floured surface, gently roll out each pastry sheet to 10-by-12 inches.
- Cut each sheet into 30 2-inch squares, ending with a total of 60 squares (a pizza cutter works great for this).
- Lightly score each square about 1/8 inch around the edges and prick liberally with a fork. This will keep the pastry from puffing up too much during cooking.
- Transfer pastry squares to 2 parchment-lined baking sheets and put into the refrigerator.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions to pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Stir in sugar, flour, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add sour cream, green beans, and half of cheese to onion mixture and stir until well combined and heated through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take pastry squares out of refrigerator and top each one with a small spoonful of the green bean mixture and shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes, remove from the oven. Top each square with a few French fried onions. Return to the oven and continue cooking for an additional 6-8 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 147 calories; 10.7 9.9 2.5 8 160 Full nutrition