Almost Like Snickers®
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I found this recipe a while ago on a Swedish blog, and I have made it many times since then. I made some moderations to make it even better, and now it's the whole family's favorite snack. It tastes just like Snickers® but instead of artificial flavorings and white sugar you get healthy ingredients like almonds, dates, and dark chocolate. Try it--you won't be disappointed!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients51 m servings 317
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Combine 1/2 cup dates, almonds, vanilla extract, and salt in a high-speed blender; blend until smooth. Transfer to a plate. Spread almond mixture into a square approximately 4x6-inches in size. Place in the freezer until hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Blend remaining 1 cup dates in the blender until smooth.
- Remove almond mixture from freezer; spread blended dates evenly on top with oiled hands. Sprinkle peanuts onto fudge; push down gently with hands until peanuts stick to blended dates. Freeze in the freezer until bars are set, about 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove bars from the freezer; cut into 5 pieces with a sharp knife. Dip bars in melted chocolate; place onto a plate to cool until hardened. Place into an airtight container; store in refrigerator.
- Cook's Note:
- Vanilla powder can be substituted for vanilla extract.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 13.3 50.3 6.5 0 94 Full nutrition