Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 10 m servings 354 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 quarts)
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream, maple flavoring, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir thoroughly, being careful to avoid creating a bubbly foam.
- Chill milk mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pour chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon ice cream into an airtight container; fold in chopped walnuts. Cover with plastic wrap and seal with lid. Freeze until solid, at least 2 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute another cup of milk for the heavy whipping cream if desired. I generally do this to cut costs. However, the heavy whipping cream version has a smoother texture.
- Chilling ingredients before freezing reduces the formation of ice crystals. The same is true for covering the ice cream with plastic wrap.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 19.8 g fat; 36 g carbohydrates; 8.5 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 107 mg sodium. Full nutrition