Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 568 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Combine water and ice in a bowl. Preheat a skillet over medium heat; add spinach. Cook, stirring continuously, until spinach turns bright green, about 30 seconds. Plunge into ice water bath; remove when spinach is lukewarm. Squeeze out excess moisture with cheese cloth.
- Combine spinach, eggs, olive oil, and salt in a food processor; blend until smooth. Add flour; blend until dough no longer sticks to the blades, adding flour as needed.
- Roll dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap from dough. Transfer to a work surface generously dusted with flour; cut dough into 4 pieces with a sharp knife. Roll out dough with a rolling pin to 1/4-inch thickness; shape into rectangles.
- Dust pasta maker rollers with flour. Run the dough rectangles through a pasta maker on the widest setting. Repeat rolling dough through rollers, gradually reducing the setting to desired thickness. Change pasta maker's attachment to preferred noodle shape; cut pasta with pasta maker.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Lower pasta gently into water; use a spoon to keep noodles from sticking together. Cook until pasta is firm but soft, 3 to 6 minutes. Remove from the water with tongs; transfer to a bowl.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you are not using spinach, skip step 1. Use 1 1/4 cups of flour instead of 2 cups.
- If you are not using a pasta maker, roll the dough with a rolling pin until it is thin; hand cut into desired shape.
- Spinach pasta may require pasta maker to be 1 setting wider than you normally want because of the stickiness of the dough.
- Removing the pasta from the boiling water with tongs will allow the pasta to keep its shape. Don't dump the whole pot of pasta into a strainer the way you might with dry, boxed pasta.
Per Serving: 568 calories; 9.9 g fat; 97.3 g carbohydrates; 20.4 g protein; 186 mg cholesterol; 586 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Such a pretty pasta! This was easy to make, and looked beautiful on the plate.