Homemade Tater Tots®
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 218 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place potatoes in a pot; add cold water until potatoes are covered by 1 inch. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until potatoes are softened, about 10 minutes; drain. Cool until easily handled, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Shred potatoes into thin strips with a box grater; drain excess water. Place shredded potato into a large mixing bowl. Stir parsley, flour, salt, seasoned pepper, and onion powder into the potatoes until combined. Shape potato mixture into potato nuggets.
- Heat peanut oil in a deep-fryer or large stockpot to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place potato nuggets in the fryer, 5 to 10 at a time. Cook until golden brown and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 218 calories; 11.2 g fat; 28.5 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1752 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The directions here are spot on. Boiling the potatoes first is an important step to get the perfect consistency for shaping the tots. This is obviously more time consuming than just opening up a...