Smoked Turkey (Without Smoker)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 7 h 20 m servings 731
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine curing mixture and liquid smoke together in a bowl; mix into a paste. Pat paste on inside and outside of turkey. Place turkey in a resealable plastic bag; refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wash turkey inside and out with cold water; dry. Pat with cooking oil. Place turkey in an oven bag; poke holes into bag for ventilation according to manufacturer's instructions. Set bagged turkey into a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Bake until turkey comes easily off the bone and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 6 hours.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of liquid smoke and curing mixture. The actual amount of liquid smoke and curing mixture consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 731 calories; 38.2 0 90.6 264 9650 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1