Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 12 m servings 343 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat; cook until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion; reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add ground beef to the pot; cook and stir until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Pour diced tomatoes, apple cider, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce into the pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until flavors combine, about 30 minutes.
- Stir pinto beans into the pot. Simmer, uncovered, until beans are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Smoked Spanish paprika and fire-roasted crushed tomatoes can be found in most good specialty or gourmet food stores.
Per Serving: 343 calories; 15.9 g fat; 18.3 g carbohydrates; 27.1 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 896 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This may be the best chili I've ever eaten. The cider and tomato add a brightness and flavor that really compliments the bacon. We did use kielbasa to replace half the ground beef and it worked ...