Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 10 m servings 704
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Mix salt, brown sugar, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Rinse turkey in cold water; pat dry inside and out. Place turkey in a shallow baking pan. Rub outside with half of the salt mixture. Separate skin from the breast meat; rub remaining salt mixture between skin and breast meat. Place uncovered in the refrigerator, 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove turkey from refrigerator. Let sit until room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Rinse turkey with cold water to remove salt mixture; place into a roasting pan. Stuff turkey cavity with celery, onion, and carrots. Separate turkey skin from the breast meat; rub softened butter onto breast meat. Pour chicken broth over the turkey.
- Bake turkey in preheated oven, breast side up, for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C); cook, basting occasionally, until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove turkey from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 30 minutes before slicing.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of brine ingredients. The actual amount of brine consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 704 calories; 33.4 3.6 91.1 270 388 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1