Arroz Poblano (Poblano Rice)
made it | 0 reviews |
"Browned chicken, poblano pepper, onion and corn blend with Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Yellow Rice in this quick and tasty dish."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 229 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 (1/2 cup) servings)
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until shimmering. Add chicken breast, cook until completely cooked through and browned on both sides. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken from skillet, tent loosely with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook one more minute. Stir in roasted and chopped poblano pepper. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, place corn, water, buttery spread (if using) and contents of rice package. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 7 minutes or until water has been absorbed and rice is tender. Add onion mixture back to skillet and toss together.
- Place rice mixture on a serving platter. Slice chicken and place on top of rice (or chop into bite-sized pieces and stir into rice, then plate). Serve immediately.
- Cook's Note:
- To roast a poblano pepper, preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) and place poblano pepper on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake, turning occasionally, until skin is charred, about 30 minutes. Place pepper in a paper bag for about 5 minutes to make skin removal easier.
Per Serving: 229 calories; 5 g fat; 25.2 g carbohydrates; 16.3 g protein; 33 mg cholesterol; 320 mg sodium. Full nutrition