Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 381
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Score pomegranate rinds lengthwise and crosswise with a knife. Carefully crack open with the knife. Break flesh into quarters with your hands, using scored lines as a guide. Hold each quarter over a large bowl and whack firmly with a wooden spoon to release seeds.
- Mash seeds in the bowl with a potato masher to release some juice. Add sugar and lemon juice; continue mashing to release more juice.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Mash into the pomegranate mixture in the bowl.
- Beat cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until thick. Mash into the pomegranate mixture, popping seeds to reach desired consistency.
- Pour mixture into freezer-safe containers. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This is a very sweet recipe. You can probably cut the sugar to 3/4 cup without affecting the sweetness, and up to 1/2 cup if you really want less.
- Wear an apron when de-seeding the pomegranate. Juice will splatter! 1 pomegranate yields approximately 1 cup juice.
- Some unpopped seeds are desirable as it adds to the texture and flavor of the sorbet.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 381 calories; 22.3 45.4 3.6 82 47 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1