Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 254
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 8-inch tarts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine 1/2 cup margarine and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until creamy. Add 2 cups flour, 1 egg, baking powder, and salt; mix well until dough comes together.
- Press dough into bottom and sides of two 8-inch pie plates to form crusts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine milk and 1 teaspoon margarine in a saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Mix 1 1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 2 1/2 teaspoons flour, cornstarch, and vanilla extract into a smooth paste in a bowl. Pour over hot milk in the saucepan.
- Return saucepan to medium heat and stir milk mixture until thick, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Divide milk mixture evenly between the cooled crusts. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Cool until filling is set, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 254 calories; 8.1 40.9 4.9 40 178 Full nutrition