Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 463 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place onions in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, covered, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add vegetable oil and garlic paste; cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 cup water, dried beef, and berbere seasoning into the saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook until flavors combine, about 10 minutes. Continue cooking, adding 1/3 cup water every few minutes, until beef is softened and sauce is thick, about 20 minutes. Stir in kibbeh and salt.
- Tear 1 injera into palm-sized pieces; fold gently into the sauce. Serve beef and sauce over whole injera.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 4 cloves minced garlic for the garlic paste if desired.
- Substitute chili powder for the berbere seasoning if desired.
- Substitute beef stock for the water if preferred. Reduce salt if using beef stock.
Per Serving: 463 calories; 31 g fat; 22.7 g carbohydrates; 23.8 g protein; 96 mg cholesterol; 3031 mg sodium. Full nutrition