Barilla® Chickpeas and Pasta
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 373
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup chickpeas, 1 tablespoon oil, and salt; spread in an even layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Roast chickpeas about 30 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring once halfway through roasting; cool completely.
- In a food processor blend remaining chickpeas until finely processed; set aside.
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Penne; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat; saute zucchini for 2 to 3 minutes; remove zucchini from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan stir together the Roasted Garlic sauce and processed chickpeas; bring to a very low simmer.
- While pasta is draining, pour Roasted Garlic sauce mixture into large pot; stir in zucchini and 1 tablespoon rosemary; stir in pasta.
- Stir in up to 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid until desired consistency is reached; serve immediately topped with roasted chickpeas and crumbled feta.
- Customize It:
- To add an extra dose of veggies without any extra work, stir in baby kale or baby spinach just before serving.
Per Serving: 373 calories; 7.3 66.3 12.9 8 640 Full nutrition