Brunch-Worthy Spaghetti And Eggs
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients54 m servings 408 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Quarter sweet peppers lengthwise, remove and discard stems, seeds and membranes, then place them, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet, 4 to 5 inches from the broiler.
- Broil peppers 8 to 10 minutes or until skins are blistered and dark, then remove from oven, bringing up the sides of foil to seal. Let peppers stand about 15 minutes, then open foil and peel peppers, discarding skin.
- Chop peppers and stir into Marinara Pasta Sauce. Transfer Marinara Pasta Sauce mixture to an extra-large skillet and bring to a low simmer.
- Bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, adding salt to taste and the Thin Spaghetti, stirring gently. Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
- Add Thin Spaghetti to the skillet and toss with the Marinara Pasta Sauce mixture, stirring in the arugula.
- In a nonstick extra-large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until hot. Break eggs, one at a time, into the pan; season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Use a spatula to carefully flip each egg, and cook to desired doneness.
- Serve pasta immediately, topped with fried eggs and Parmesan cheese.
- Customize It:
- Jarred roasted red peppers work in a pinch. But to really maximize the fresh bold flavors of this dish, use fresh red sweet peppers and roast them yourself.
Per Serving: 408 calories; 13.6 g fat; 54.3 g carbohydrates; 18.3 g protein; 200 mg cholesterol; 549 mg sodium. Full nutrition