Ingredients35 m servings 337 cals
- Bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste and the Elbows; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot bring the broth to a boil and add the sweet potato; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until soft, then remove from heat.
- In a blender combine the sweet potato, broth, Tomato & Basil Sauce and salt; cover and blend until smooth.
- In a very large skillet bring the blended sauce mixture to a low simmer. Remove from heat; slowly stir in cheese until melted (mixture may appear curdled). Stir pasta into the sauce in skillet. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in enough milk to make a creamy consistency.
- Serve topped with fresh basil.
- Customize It:
- Rather than shredding your cheese, grab your family's favorite pre-shredded cheese blend.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 9.2 g fat; 50.2 g carbohydrates; 14.9 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 400 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
What a sneaky way of getting a healthy veggie in the mac and cheese! I love this! I sure wish I could have found fontina cheese, but I couldn't. I googled for a substitution and saw that provolo...
This was really good! My market didn't carry the Barilla pasta sauce so I just used some marinara and added some fresh basil to the puree. I had this done in 22 minutes (I timed it) and my 3 yea...