Ingredients26 m servings 348
- Bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste and the Penne, and stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions adding the vegetables and peas for the last 4 minutes of cooking; remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot bring the Traditional Basil Pesto and half-and-half* to a low simmer.
- Add pasta to the sauce in pot; heat through.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- *Or reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and use in place of half-and-half or whole milk.
- Customize it: Customization is clutch when it comes to making meals to please even the pickiest eaters. With this dish, any fresh vegetable mixture will do.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 11 51.2 12.6 9 297 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I thought this dish was delish! I used fresh broccoli, asparagus and corn. I used frozen peas as well and followed the directions to the "T". It came out great. I would make this again maybe ...
I made this as directed but used frozen peas and my own homemade pesto. Great way to use your veggies. I added asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower & carrots. It would be great with chicken or ev...
Id give then 10 stars if I could- so yummy. bought tomato pesto sauce on accident but it was so good. haven't tried it with traditional. delicious. ate a few days in a row and never got tired of...
This was fantastic! I added chicken pieces, asparagus, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Probably will avoid asparagus next time, the pieces felt out of place. I also used linguine since that’s what I...
It doesn't get any better than this! So creamy and delicious, plus veggies! You can't go wrong with this dish! I would like to try it with some grilled chicken for a meal.