Ingredients26 m servings 348
- Bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste and the Penne, and stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions adding the vegetables and peas for the last 4 minutes of cooking; remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot bring the Traditional Basil Pesto and half-and-half* to a low simmer.
- Add pasta to the sauce in pot; heat through.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- *Or reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and use in place of half-and-half or whole milk.
- Customize it: Customization is clutch when it comes to making meals to please even the pickiest eaters. With this dish, any fresh vegetable mixture will do.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 11 51.2 12.6 9 297 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I thought this dish was delish! I used fresh broccoli, asparagus and corn. I used frozen peas as well and followed the directions to the "T". It came out great. I would make this again maybe ...
Followed directions and used asparagus, broccoli, & frozen peas/corn. Used whole milk & extra Parmesan. Was perfect and my toddler ate her veggies!!!
I made this as directed but used frozen peas and my own homemade pesto. Great way to use your veggies. I added asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower & carrots. It would be great with chicken or ev...
Id give then 10 stars if I could- so yummy. bought tomato pesto sauce on accident but it was so good. haven't tried it with traditional. delicious. ate a few days in a row and never got tired of...
This was fantastic! I added chicken pieces, asparagus, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Probably will avoid asparagus next time, the pieces felt out of place. I also used linguine since that’s what I...
I added broccoli, cream rather than milk and added grilled chicken. Perfect meal
It doesn't get any better than this! So creamy and delicious, plus veggies! You can't go wrong with this dish! I would like to try it with some grilled chicken for a meal.