Low-Carb Cauliflower Crust Breakfast Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 334
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 9-inch pie pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch glass pie pan with cooking spray.
- Grate cauliflower coarsely with a box grater. Measure out 1 1/2 cup of cauliflower "rice"; press into the bottom and sides of the pan to make a crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust looks dry, about 15 minutes.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir until softened, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and butter; cook and stir until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in 3 slices bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl until blended. Whisk in sour cream until smooth. Stir in onion mixture and 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese over the cauliflower crust. Spread egg mixture evenly over the cheese. Top with remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle remaining 3 slices bacon on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand until set, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute olive oil for the coconut oil if desired. You could also use all butter or all oil.
- Substitute yogurt for the sour cream if desired.
Per Serving: 334 calories; 27.7 7.2 15.5 179 604 Full nutrition