Freezer Pear Honey Jam
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 148
Original recipe yields 24 servings (3 cups)
- Combine pears, sugar, crushed pineapple, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Pulse in batches in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Pour pear mixture into a large pot; bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring frequently, until it thickens, about 45 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, 1 to 2 hours.
- Ladle into a freezer bag, seal, and transfer to the freezer.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I think you could do this with strawberries, raspberries, peaches or about any kind if fruit you desired. You might have to add a little apple juice if it seems to need it.
- You could use up to 4 cups sugar. I used 2 1/2 cups and thought it was still plenty sweet.
Per Serving: 148 calories; 0.1 39 0.5 0 1 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Great way to use the pears the kids and I harvested. They even asked if I put honey in it.
Tasted great, very easy to make. Consistency was more like chunky applesauce than jam.