California/Mexican Cauliflower Rice with Avocado and Kale
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 324 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor; pulse into rice-sized pieces.
- Combine cauliflower "rice", black beans, cilantro, green onions, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a microwave-safe bowl; toss until mixed. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Puree chipotle peppers in adobo in a small bowl with an immersion blender.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini in an even layer; place kale on top. Cook, covered, until zucchini is lightly browned and kale starts to wilt, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 to 3 tablespoons pureed chipotle peppers. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, allowing kale to steam, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add eggs, and simmer, about 7 minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and run under cool water for 30 to 60 seconds. Peel carefully.
- Spoon zucchini mixture over Cheddar cheese in the bowl. Microwave until hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Top with peeled eggs and sliced avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute rice for the cauliflower "rice" if desired.
- Substitute another type of oil for the vegetable oil if preferred.
- Substitute your preferred type of cheese.
- You can poach or fry the eggs if preferred.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 15.2 g fat; 32.7 g carbohydrates; 16.9 g protein; 97 mg cholesterol; 846 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1