Stuffed Cauliflower Rice Peppers with Chicken and Mushrooms
8 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 28 m servings 405
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 peppers)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor; pulse into rice-sized pieces.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower "rice" and mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, garlic, and poultry seasoning. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir chicken, cream of mushroom soup, mozzarella cheese, milk, salt, and pepper into the "rice" mixture.
- Stand bell peppers cut-side up in a baking dish. Stuff bell peppers with chicken mixture, pushing it down to fill them completely. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until golden brown, about 15 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Coarsely grate cauliflower with a hand grater instead of a food processor if preferred.
- Substitute half-and-half for the milk if desired.
- Substitute ground sage for the poultry seasoning if desired.
Per Serving: 405 calories; 19.8 29.3 30.7 72 747 Full nutrition