Smoky Avocado Fajitas (Meatless)
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 341 cals
- Whisk water, oil, liquid smoke, and fajita seasoning together in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add avocados, bell pepper, and onion, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight; turn occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Stack tortillas; wrap in aluminum foil. Place in oven to warm.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Drain marinade from vegetable mixture; transfer to a plate. Separate avocados from onions and bell peppers.
- Place onions and peppers, in 1 layer, onto grill using tongs; cook until tender, 5 to 10 minutes, turning as needed. Transfer to an oven-proof pan; cover with aluminum foil. Place in the preheated oven to keep warm.
- Place avocados in 1 layer onto grill; cook, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Fill tortillas with avocado and onion mixture; roll or fold tortilla around filling.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 341 calories; 22.2 g fat; 34 g carbohydrates; 5.4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 545 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These were excellent! I wasn't sure I would like the liquid smoke but it definitely added a nice smokiness and didn't overpower. I have a couple of tips here. If you plan on marinating overnight...