Ingredients35 m servings 86
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat eggs in, one at a time, until combined; stir in vanilla extract. Fold in flour mixture until well blended.
- Combine figs, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Stir in lemon juice until filling is slightly thinner than jam.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on a non-stick baking sheet. Make thumbprints in batter with a wet finger. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling into each thumbprint.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 86 calories; 2.7 14.6 1.3 15 49 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
next time I might try a little almond extract in the dough, I think this a wonderful recipe! I also used reconstituted dried figs:)
They were good, but they take a longer time to cook than the recipe called for. The filling was weird there's a little too much honey and the cinnamon added a weirder taste to it and it needed a...