Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 21 m servings 616 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings (2 9-inch pies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line bottoms and sides of two 9-inch pie pans with waxed paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin puree, white sugar, and evaporated milk in a large bowl. Add eggs, cinnamon, and salt; beat with an electric mixer until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle yellow cake mix on top. Drizzle 1 cup melted butter over cake mix. Sprinkle pecans on top; press lightly into butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove pans from the oven and let pies cool, about 2 hours.
- Run a knife around the edges of the pans to loosen pies; invert onto serving plates. Peel off waxed paper. Place pies in the refrigerator.
- Melt 1 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add brown sugar and 1 cup heavy cream; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Simmer caramel sauce until smooth, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat 2 cups heavy cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until foamy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla gradually, beating until soft peaks form.
- Slice chilled pies into wedges. Drizzle caramel sauce over wedges; top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute margarine for the butter if desired.
- If making ahead, chill caramel sauce until ready to serve and reheat before serving.
Per Serving: 616 calories; 42 g fat; 58.9 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 129 mg cholesterol; 501 mg sodium. Full nutrition