Low-Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup
Ingredients4 h 31 m servings 258
- Combine chicken broth, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, butter, and onion flakes in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Add heavy cream and chicken; bring to a gentle simmer.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain excess moisture.
- Pour chicken broth mixture into a slow cooker; add broccoli.
- Cook on Low until flavors combine, about 4 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Frozen broccoli can be used but I find it too strong.
- This soup can be eaten right away but it's much better if it's cooked in the slow cooker for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 22.8 5.5 9.1 83 458 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
My son was on the Ketogenic diet for a while for health reasons and since I do the cooking ;) we all were. We lost a TON of weight and now we are doing a modified Atkins diet, this is an AMAZIN...
Made this as part of a ketogenic diet, and loved it! Puréed half of the broccoli to infuse flavor and give it more bulk.
Delicious!!! I started eating keto last month and am always looking for new recipes to try. I was a little hesitant about the canned chicken, but it really works well and doesn't end up tasting ...
This was absolutely amazing! I would DEFINITELY make it again. I did puree the broccoli (texture preference for me) and I added some cayenne pepper and I used sharp velveeta and sharp shredded ...
This is a delicious low-carb soup. Next time, I might use my immersion blender to make it drinkable. Or use it for half the broccoli. Definitely would make it again.
SO delicious! My whole family loves this soup. It’s one of my most requested recipes. I don’t use the crock pot, I just simmer it on low for an hour or 2.
Thank you so much for such an wonderful recipe! I made it just the way the recipe said, and it turned out AMAZING!
Just started a keto diet and looking for new recipes to try. This was such a good soup. I didn't have canned chicken but did have precooked chicken meatballs. I quartered them and added them. ...