Low-Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup
Ingredients4 h 31 m servings 258 cals
- Combine chicken broth, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, butter, and onion flakes in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Add heavy cream and chicken; bring to a gentle simmer.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain excess moisture.
- Pour chicken broth mixture into a slow cooker; add broccoli.
- Cook on Low until flavors combine, about 4 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Frozen broccoli can be used but I find it too strong.
- This soup can be eaten right away but it's much better if it's cooked in the slow cooker for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 22.8 g fat; 5.5 g carbohydrates; 9.1 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 458 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
My son was on the Ketogenic diet for a while for health reasons and since I do the cooking ;) we all were. We lost a TON of weight and now we are doing a modified Atkins diet, this is an AMAZIN...
Made this as part of a ketogenic diet, and loved it! Puréed half of the broccoli to infuse flavor and give it more bulk.
Delicious!!! I started eating keto last month and am always looking for new recipes to try. I was a little hesitant about the canned chicken, but it really works well and doesn't end up tasting ...
This was absolutely amazing! I would DEFINITELY make it again. I did puree the broccoli (texture preference for me) and I added some cayenne pepper and I used sharp velveeta and sharp shredded ...
This is a delicious low-carb soup. Next time, I might use my immersion blender to make it drinkable. Or use it for half the broccoli. Definitely would make it again.
Thank you so much for such an wonderful recipe! I made it just the way the recipe said, and it turned out AMAZING!
One of my favorite low carb recipes. I normally add a little velveeta to make it creamier but with or without that it is very good. A satisfying meal!!
Great flavor and easy to make! The serving amount is a little misleading, though. I made 8 servings according to the recipe which yielded 4 bowls of soup.