Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 295
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add sweet potatoes and cook until tender, 20 to 30 minutes; drain. Place sweet potatoes in a bowl and mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Stir sugar and oil together in a bowl until well mixed; beat in banana. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Alternate stirring the flour mixture and 1/3 cup water into the sugar mixture until combined. Mix in sweet potatoes and pecans; stir until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- Yams can be substituted for sweet potatoes, if desired.
- The 9x5-inch loaf pan can be substituted with 2 small loaf pans.
Per Serving: 295 calories; 12.7 44.2 2.6 0 165 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I substituted out the oil for applesauce and it’s super moist and super healthy and low fat. I also cut the sugar down by half a cup cuz I roasted the sweet potatoes too pull out natural sugars....
Very good! Since I try to avoid white sugar I substituted 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup pure maple syrup. Also I used organic unflavored coconut oil in place of vegetable and added 1 banana a...
Made this exactly like the recipe except I didn't have Chopped Pecans. I measured the ingredients precisely as the recipe calls. Then I combined the ingredients in the same way. I waited pati...
I doubled the batter and made about 3 dozen muffins with this recipe. All five of us, including 3 picky toddlers loved them. Will make these again!