Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 295 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 loaf)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add sweet potatoes and cook until tender, 20 to 30 minutes; drain. Place sweet potatoes in a bowl and mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Stir sugar and oil together in a bowl until well mixed; beat in banana. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Alternate stirring the flour mixture and 1/3 cup water into the sugar mixture until combined. Mix in sweet potatoes and pecans; stir until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- Yams can be substituted for sweet potatoes, if desired.
- The 9x5-inch loaf pan can be substituted with 2 small loaf pans.
Per Serving: 295 calories; 12.7 g fat; 44.2 g carbohydrates; 2.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 165 mg sodium. Full nutrition