Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 740
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 3-layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- Mix sugar, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Combine oil, eggs, carrots, and zucchini in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Beat in honey. Stir in sugar mixture gradually; beat on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack; allow to cool completely, about 25 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, pineapple, cream cheese, walnuts, butter, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat until frosting is smooth. Spread over cooled cakes and stack.
- Cook's Note:
- This can also be baked in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
Per Serving: 740 calories; 42.8 86.7 7.1 93 414 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1