Orange Poppy Seed Zucchini Cake
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 449
Original recipe yields 14 servings (1 8x12-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8x12-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in white sugar and brown sugar until incorporated. Mix in vegetable oil. Beat flour mixture in gradually until batter is smooth. Stir in orange zest. Fold in zucchini, dried fruit, and poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in the pan, about 10 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and orange juice together in a small bowl to make glaze.
- Prick cake all over with a fork; drizzle glaze on top. Let cake cool completely before serving, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use raisins, sweetened cranberries (such as Craisins®), apricots, etc. We like to add nuts from time to time as well.
Per Serving: 449 calories; 18.1 68.8 5.1 40 287 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1