Ingredients40 m servings 182 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk oil, milk, egg, and almond extract together in a small bowl. Pour into flour mixture; stir gently until incorporated. Fold cherries into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cups, filling each 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar on top.
- Bake muffins in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Cook's Note:
- If you're not using paper liners, spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 6.9 g fat; 28 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 187 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
8-4-2016 ~Whoa, talk about a flavor punch of fresh cherries – this is it! And to coin a tired expression, these muffins are just “bursting with cherries.” Other than substituting vanilla for ...
If you use a large cookie scoop, this recipe makes exactly 12 perfectly sized muffins. Also, the batter is thick enough that the fruit remains suspended in the batter and doesn’t sink to the bo...
These muffins are great. I used plain yogurt in place of the milk and added a bit of milk to the yogurt, also used vanilla and added cinnamon. The recipe doubled well. Very quick and easy recip...
Made exactly per the recipe. Very easy and tasty too. Husband loved them. Will make again.
One of the best muffins I have ever made! I cut the sugar a tiny bit and needed to add a smidge more milk when mixing as the batter was just too thick. Baked for 18 minutes. And RESULT! This one...
Great recipe! I see some people used vanilla instead of almond extract, but I really prefer the almond and cherry combo. I used a jumbo muffin pan instead of making regular sized muffins. I thin...
Very good. Cut the cherries into smaller pieces rather than halves and put in1.25 cups or more
These were really good! Used dried cherries & a few toasted almonds - will definitely make again!