Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 13 m servings 119 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 crab cakes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, green bell pepper, parsley, and green onions; cook until slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add crabmeat; cook until flavors combine, about 20 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk and palm oil into the skillet. Cook until slightly reduced, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in bread crumbs to give mixture a paste-like consistency. Season with hot pepper sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Stuff scallops shells with the crab mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can find azeite de dende (palm oil) at local Brazilian markets.
- Stuff the mixture into another type of seashell if desired.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 10.1 g fat; 4.3 g carbohydrates; 3.9 g protein; 9 mg cholesterol; 90 mg sodium. Full nutrition