Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 441
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 10-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch cake pan and dust with flour.
- Combine 2 cups sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and carrots in a blender; blend until very smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Pour carrot mixture into a bowl; add flour and baking powder. Mix well to combine. Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to bubble and thicken, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and quickly spread over cake.
- Cook's Notes:
- I've also tried adding the flour and baking powder to the blender and mixing the batter that way, but it depends on the blender.
- Substitute powdered chocolate drink mix (such as Nesquik®) for the cocoa powder if desired, but reduce sugar by 1 tablespoon if doing so.
- Any kind of chocolate frosting goes well with this cake. Try chocolate ganache!
Per Serving: 441 calories; 15.7 73.1 5.7 63 179 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1