Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 721
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring salted water to a boil in a pot. Add yams; cook and stir until slightly tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Mix oil, cumin, chaat masala, amchoor, turmeric, chili powder, salt, and pepper together in a container with a lid; add yams. Cover; shake until coated. Marinate 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Transfer yams to a baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until yams are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If desired, 2 more yams can be added.
- Chaat masala can be found in an Indian store.
- Sweet potatoes can be used instead of yams. If using sweet potatoes, cooking time is lower, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- The longer you allow the yams to marinate the stronger the flavor will be.
Per Serving: 721 calories; 14.9 141.4 8 0 92 Full nutrition