Fuzzy Beach Balls Cocktail
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This Fuzzy Beach Balls recipe was dreamed up prior to our annual beach trip in August 2015. We wanted something fun and unique. The alcohol-infused melon balls (aka Spiked Balls) adds a fun kick and is the signature ingredient of this drink. Everyone loved it, some a bit too much! We're including both the batch and individual recipes below. Release your inner beach! Enjoy and share with friends."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 10 m servings 465
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 cocktail)
- Place cantaloupe balls in a small bowl. Pour in enough grain alcohol to cover them halfway. Let infuse, turning occasionally, 4 hours to overnight.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add pineapple juice, orange juice, raspberry vodka, and coconut rum. Cover and shake until outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain into a glass. Add spiked cantaloupe balls and grenadine syrup.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a large batch (about 20 servings), mix together 46 fluid ounces pineapple juice, 46 fluid ounces orange juice, 34 fluid ounces raspberry vodka, one 750-milliliter bottle coconut rum, 46 spiked melon balls, and 1 bottle of grenadine syrup (optional; add a splash to each serving).
- Use your favorite melon in this recipe: watermelon, honeydew, or cantaloupe.
- Frozen grapes are excellent substitutes for ice cubes and won't water down the drink. The grapes will slowly thaw, then absorb some of the alcohol.
- You could stir or make this into a frozen cocktail instead of shaking it, then add the spiked melon balls.
- If you want to add sweetness without using the grenadine syrup, make a simple syrup by boiling together equal amounts of water and sugar into a clear, thick syrup.
- Use your favorite premium brand of rum, vodka, and juices. We highly suggest staying away from no-name or cheap alcohol. Substitute pomegranate, watermelon, or marshmallow vodka for the raspberry vodka if desired.
Per Serving: 465 calories; 0.8 62.4 3.3 0 70 Full nutrition