Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 58 m servings 371 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk coconut milk, eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, rum, vanilla, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour 1/2 cup sugar into a heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until melted and golden in color, about 8 minutes. Pour into an 8-inch flan or cake pan and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Set pan in a larger baking dish. Pour in coconut milk mixture. Pour enough boiling water into the baking dish to make a water bath that comes halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the flan comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from water bath.
- Refrigerate flan until cold, at least 12 hours. Unmold by gently pushing the sides of the flan away from the pan. Place a serving plate on top of the pan and flip over; tap bottom of the pan firmly to release flan.
Per Serving: 371 calories; 27.6 g fat; 22.2 g carbohydrates; 8.4 g protein; 186 mg cholesterol; 104 mg sodium. Full nutrition