Ultimate Jersey Ripper
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients23 m servings 513
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 hot dogs)
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon, securing ends with toothpicks. Fry hot dogs 2 at a time in hot oil until they float to the surface, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour onions into a small pot over low heat. Stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange fried hot dogs in rolls. Garnish with onions and crushed corn chips.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't like onions, substitute a can of chili for the onions in the sauce.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 513 calories; 29.9 46.8 15.1 34 1417 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Wow! What a great new way to enjoy a hotdog! The sweetness of the pushcart onions and salty goodness of the thick cut apple wood smoked bacon i used REALLY made this dish! We LOVED it!!! Thanks!