Black Olive and Mediterranean Spice Bread
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h servings 232
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 large loaf)
- Combine water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes. Add flour, black olives, olive oil, garlic, salt, and Italian seasoning to the bowl; mix well to form a dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth, 5 to 10 minutes. Let stand until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down gently and knead, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let rise until doubled in volume again, about 45 minutes.
- Line a bowl with a well-floured cloth. Form dough into a ball and place upside down in the bowl. Let rise until doubled in volume again, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Fill a baking dish with water and place it in the bottom of your oven.
- Grease a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon butter and sprinkle cornmeal on top. Turn dough out gently onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffy, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking until bread is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Brush remaining 2 teaspoons butter over the surface. Let cool slightly before slicing, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Slice hot bread with very little pressure; an electric carving knife works best.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 7.8 34.9 5.6 3 392 Full nutrition
How much yeast is in a package of yeast?
Can I freeze dough and then bake it later?
I want my bread loaves to have a thicker crust. What can I do?
Ask Your Question