Ingredients35 m servings 383
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bacon (in batches, if necessary) in a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Remove skillet from heat and pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Break each ramen noodle block into 4 pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain noodles in a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Heat bacon fat in skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add noodles, spreading them evenly to cover bottom of skillet. Cook noodles, pressing on them occasionally with a slotted spatula, until underside is golden brown, 3 to 6 minutes. Slide ramen cake onto a large plate, invert a second plate over top, then flip cake over (so cooked side is now on top). Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Slide ramen cake back into skillet and cook over medium-high heat, pressing it occasionally, until underside is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over ramen cake and transfer skillet to oven. Bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes. Slide ramen cake onto a cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.
- Wipe out skillet. Heat butter and remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for runny yolks. Serve each ramen wedge with a fried egg and 2 slices bacon.
Per Serving: 383 calories; 31.1 4.7 20.7 243 836 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I rec my magazine the other day and looking thru it I found this recipe. I knew right away this could be an alternative to hash browns and it was. I love crispy hash browns and this was a great ...
This is a great recipe. I never thought to add cheese to the ramen. Great idea. I think Parmesan is great. I often fry my cooked ramen in toasted sesame oil. This gives the noodles a great f...
My arteries are dying. I feel so sick after eating this. Please only eat this if you can stomach a disgusting amount of grease. My body is shutting down. goodbye.....