Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 631
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in a wide, heavy, oven-safe pot over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking, about 1 minute. Add chicken, skin sides down, and cook, turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat. Reduce heat to medium and cook pepper, onion, and garlic, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in oregano, thyme, tomato puree, water, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pot, return to a simmer, cover, and transfer to oven. Bake until chicken is tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl and chill, uncovered, until cool enough to handle (20 minutes). Discard skin and bones. Pull meat into coarse shreds.
- Add chicken, beans, and vinegar to tomato mixture in pot and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Stir pasta into chicken mixture, thinning with pasta water as needed. Season with additional salt, if desired.
Per Serving: 631 calories; 26.4 54.5 44.3 117 1457 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This turned out very flavorful and filling, but was pretty labor intensive for a weeknight quality meal. I definitely want to make it again, but next time I'll use a Costco rotisserie chicken.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I used leftover pork that had been slow cooked and I omitted the red bell pepper because I did not have any. This was delicious and came together quickly, especia...