Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 392
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place poblano peppers cut-side down in a baking dish. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on top.
- Bake poblano peppers until skin starts to blacken and blister, about 15 minutes. Allow peppers to cool until easily handled, about 10 minutes. Remove and discard skins; coarsely chop peppers.
- Cut corn kernels off the cobs. Spread on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with salt.
- Bake corn kernels in the preheated oven, stirring every 5 minutes, until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in chopped poblano peppers, creamed corn, chicken broth, cilantro, and cumin. Blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Bring soup to a gentle boil. Stir in potatoes, baked corn kernels, and milk. Season with salt. Simmer until flavors combine, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 392 calories; 10.1 70.8 11.6 7 828 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This had a great flavor, but it was VERY spicy! Next time, I will swap some of the poblano peppers for bell peppers. To make preparation a little easier, I cooked the potatoes in the broth (ra...
it was not spicy at all. Next time i will add jalepeno. we cooked the corn under the broiler to char it. grilled in the husk corn would be great. not too hard to make and filling.