Ingredients3 h 3 m servings 1051 cals
- Spread flour on a shallow plate. Beat eggs in a bowl. Pour bread crumbs into a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken breasts in flour. Dip in egg and roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry breaded chicken breasts, 2 at a time, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining butter and chicken breasts.
- Layer chicken breasts in a slow cooker, covering each layer with marinara sauce.
- Cook on low until flavors combine, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts side-by-side in a baking dish, spooning additional sauce on top. Place 2 slices mozzarella cheese over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and garlic powder on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Partner tip: Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 1051 calories; 46.8 g fat; 99 g carbohydrates; 56.7 g protein; 243 mg cholesterol; 2685 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Sprinkling the seasoning on top wasn't such a good idea. Cause I can't do it evenly so on some parts of the chicken it'd be flavorless & others I would get a mouthful of seasoning. I'd recommend...
Chicken was very moist and it took very little time to prepare. I served it over noodles along with spinach salad. Huge hit!
This was amazing!! I didn't have time to use crockpot so I followed all the steps and then baked in oven at 350 for about 45 minutes then added spices & cheese and baked for additional 15 minute...
The only thing I changed is the number of eggs. Three eggs seemed like too many so I used two, and I still had some leftovers after dredging.
This recipe has recently become one of my go-to dishes; I've made it twice in the last ten days! The first time I used canned marinara, and the second I made fresh marinara for the sauce (recipe...